Real estate property alerts are a modern marvel and most people in most markets cannot live without them. Property alerts are email or text messages that are sent to you to alert you of a new property listing or a change in a listing. In a tight market, these property notices give you an advantage over other buyers. Here is how they work.
Get Alerts For Properties
Getting alerts on properties is easy. To set up a property alert take the following steps.
- If you haven't already set up an account, do so by clicking here or go to the person icon on the top right of any page on EastIdahoProperty.com. If you already have an account, log in.
- After logging in, click the person icon in the upper right of any window and choose edit profile.
- The second tab on your profile page is titled "Saved Searches". Click on that tab and you will see any saved property searches you already have.
- This window has a large "NEW SEARCH" button on it. Click the button to create a new saved search.
- You will then see a "Refine your Search" tab with all of the criteria that could possibly trigger a property alert to your email or text.
- Choose the City, County, and subdivision if you want to get that specific, then choose the property details being careful to set the criteria in a way that the type of property you are looking for is not excluded from your search. The most broad search would be to just click one county, and do a search. That would send an alert to you that includes ALL homes and townhomes that are $50,000 or more in the entire Southeast Idaho area. FYI, NOT A GOOD THING TO DO unless you want your email and text going off continuously. Instead, narrow your search to a county, city and price range at the very least. And remember, you can create multiple alerts.
- Once you have the search you want, and you have reviewed the results, click on the "Save Search" link at the top of the results that is next to the plus symbol. A "Save Search" dialog will come up an allow you to set the name of the search and how often you want to be notified. Your options are daily, weekly, bi-monthly, monthly, or never. Use the never option if you want to keep the saved search but want to temporarily turn it off.
- That's it. You will receive property alerts via email and/or text based on your criteria.
When you get a property alert, it is important to act quickly in a busy market. Contact one of our agents ASAP and we will set up a tour of the property. In many cases, the early bird truly does get the house!
Property Alert Maintenance
During your Rexburg real estate journey, you may want to edit or delete some of your alerts. Its easy to do. On the "Saved Searches" tab you will find four options to the right. These options allow you to view, edit, rename, or delete any search you have created, with its associated triggers.
We hope that this tool makes your real estate search as easy, so if you have any questions, give us a call. Any of our real estate agents can help you set up alerts over the phone.